Merrell Women's Waterpro Gange

The Women's Waterpro Gange has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best sport sandals for 2020.

Price Reviewers Paid: $74.00

I bought these sandals to wear backcountry canoe camping on the last weekend of the summer. I was excited to have a replacement for hiking boots that I could use on land and in water.

As soon as I got them wet the velcro on the heel straps let go. This turned the shoe into a slip-in sandal, that didn't even fit very well no matter how tight I pulled the foot straps across the front, my foot slid around inside especially when wet.

I ended up using a shoe lace to "lace" up the back, as no matter how much you pushed on the velcro heel straps, they just wouldn't stay closed. A Total waste of money.

Materials: velcro, leather,
Use: canoe camping
Break-in Period: none
Price Paid: $74 + tax, on sale

I have the Women's Waterpro Gange. All I can say is, you probably should just stay aware from the entire "Waterpro" Series.

I wore mine for the first time on the camping trip. The heel straps came undone every few steps (quite annoying). I wasn't even wearing them in the water. I actually had to put them away and wear my $10 Walmart flipflops instead. How's that for performance?!