Metolius Ultralight Fat Cam

Price MSRP: $69.00
Current Retail: $51.71-$69.95
Historic Range: $47.99-$177.08
Weight 2.3 oz 2.4 oz 2.7 oz 3.0 oz 3.5 oz 4.5 oz 5.3 oz
Dimensions 0.62 - 0.89 in 0.74 - 1.04 in 0.93 - 1.32 in 1.09 - 1.56 in 1.28 - 1.89 in 1.57 - 2.26 in 1.91 - 2.81 in
Strength 10 kN 10 kN 10 kN 10 kN 10 kN 10 kN 10 kN

I love these cams. Although they are harder to contract then the BD they work great in the rock. I have all the sizes and the colour coding system make it so easy to recognize the sizes. They're as strong as any other cam out there and some off the lightest ones available. Great stuff, love Metolius gear.

Pros

• Weight
  • Color coding
  • Sizes
  • Grip

Cons

• Price
  • Hard competition BD is also good

I bought a full spread of the ultralight cams last season and love them. Although it is the first set of cams I have owned I have used other one and researched them extensively before purchasing them.

I really like the colour coding system even thought other companies are doing it I like Metolius's colours best. I also enjoy the grip in comparison to the BD, which I find does not fit well in my palm. These have the same friction as any other cam so no cam is safer than another, which makes the decision based itself off aesthetics, weight and how it feels in your hand.

These cams where the best for me, but it is different for people with different techniques of placing.

Price Paid: $20-100