32 fl oz
This double-insulated, 18/8 medical grade stainless…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $37.66
This double-insulated, 18/8 medical grade stainless steel growler (Miir describes its 64 oz. model as a growler and 32 oz. as howler, but it's the same construction) is phenomenal for maintaining cold temperature and carbonation.
Miir claims both are maintained 24+ hours. I've not tested the limits of my Howler, but have observed temperature and carbonation maintained at 36 hours.
- Maintains cold and carbonation
- No sweat/condensation — keeps pack dry
- Excellent seal — no spills
While this growler may treat all liquids equal, my focus is solely on how it treats beer. I want the option of packing a cold beer on the trail and enjoying the same quality experience as if I was sipping this beverage straight from the tap.
This Howler passed my "tests", with one minor hiccup.
- Test 1: Filled the growler and left it on my back porch for 24 and 36 hours, during daytime temperatures reaching the mid-80's. No sweat formed on the outside, the beer's temperature and carbonation were not diminished.
- Test 2: Packed the filled Howler and hiked two days. No sweat formed on the outside, the beer's temp. and carbonation were perfect for the first day. The temp. remained fine on the second day, but the carbonation decreased.
That's the hiccup — it's no design flaw, just simple science. Once the volume of liquid was decreased from drinking after the first day, there was more room inside the growler for gas to occupy, allowing carbonation to escape from the beer. Still, that second afternoon, this growler allowed me to enjoy a fine scotch ale in a beautiful setting.