Mishmi Takin Garamba Jacket

Membrane 2.5 layer eVent
Waterproof 20,000 mm
Breathability 20,000 gsm
Air permeability 0.1 CFM

Great lightweight hardshell jacket. Waterproofing…

Source: bought it new (Manufacturer Website)

Summary

Great lightweight hardshell jacket. Waterproofing works excellent while maintaining breathability.

Pros

• Fit and comfort
  • Adjustability
  • Abrasion

Cons

• Price

I've had the jacket for a little over a month now and it has served me very well. It's perfect for the Colorado climate on the edge of the mountains. I've used it hiking, camping, and for everyday use; keeping me dry during our short afternoon showers and warm with our cool mornings and evenings.

My favorite things about the jacket are its fit and function, adjustability, and abrasion resistance.

• Fit & Function: Fits true to size without having an overly large barrel. Great for a range of activities. Good room to make sure you layer properly if it's colder.
  • Adjustability: I love the tapered cuffs. It has a lot of vents, drawstrings, straps, etc. to fit to your needs at the moment.
  • Abrasion Resistance: The material feels more durable to the touch compared to many lightweight hard shell jackets. I'm not afraid to hike on a trail with dense growth.

I'd say the biggest con I've noticed is the price. It's more expensive than some of the big name outdoor companies. Note it does feel and seem a little more durable though. Only time will tell.

Disclosure: The reviewer received a sample of this product from the brand or its representatives in exchange for a review.

Welcome to Trailspace, Erik! I've been following this new brand for a while, so was curious to read your review. From what I've seen, they seem to have taken care to use high quality materials and have a strong attention to design. I hope you'll keep us posted on how well your jacket continues to work out for you in the real world.

p.s. Got any pictures of yours? I'd love to see some in your review.

ErikF INCENTIVIZED REVIEWER

Jacket is still working excellent, we've been getting a lot of rain in the afternoon lately. Keeping me cool and dry!

ErikF INCENTIVIZED REVIEWER