Mountain Equipment Tour Glove

Historic Range: $17.96-$55.73
Reviewers Paid: $50.00
Women's
Price Historic Range: $21.82

A great glove, but a bit on the small size because it's a fitted size for dexterity. Leather palms and fleece lined. A bit tough to slide on, but good once on.

Pros

• Light construction
  • Warm fleece
  • No cold spots
  • Goatskin palms
  • Good dexterity

Cons

• Fit is trim, run snug

Good winter gloves for hiking or X-country skiing. I used them on trail about a dozen times last year and they became my all purpose glove for all except dirty work last year. Even used them for a day while cutting up a downed tree with the chainsaw and all the times I cleared snow.

I took the picture with my 40-year-old downhill Aris gloves. I have 6 pairs of winter gloves and the Mountain Equipment ones have become my favorites. They are slim cut and would also be good for runners. I can tie boot laces with them on. I bought a large which most of, even my driving gloves, are in a large.

These are snug. For comparison those old ski gloves in the photo are a medium and I buy outside work gloves in large or x-large. Even being thinner than those old gloves these tour gloves are warmer in snow because of no cold spots.

Well constructed and the leather is water repellent. Mountain Equipment also makes a heavier duty glove if you climb or want a tougher version for skiing.

Experience

I have probably had 10 pairs of ski gloves over the years, many average winter gloves, 6-7 pairs of liners, numerous leather work gloves, cycling gloves, driving gloves, and even a few pairs of wetsuit gloves.

Thanks for the review of your gloves, D Mizelle!

1 month ago

Arctic Lynx Maternity Activewear Midweight T-shirt Review

Sea to Summit Trek TK II Review

Six Days from Mineral King to Mt Whitney

Black Diamond Sabretooth Crampons Review

MSR Miox Review

Trailspace at the testing grounds