Mountain House Just In Case 5-Day Kit

photo: Mountain House Just In Case 5-Day Kit meat entrée

Price Historic Range: $81.99-$115.00

Disclosure: The author of this review received a sample of the product from the brand or its representative in exchange for a review.

I first used the product because it was an easy way to get meals on the trail while backpacking. Now, I continue to use them because of the taste and amazing shelf life!

Pros

• Shelf life
  • Taste
  • Ease of use

Cons

• Smaller flavor selection (but GROWING!)

As a member of another website, I sometimes get the chance to try out different products in exchange for a review, and recently had the opportunity to try out some more Mountain House meals. I've used these freeze dried meals before, and was excited to get some more in to my backpacking closet.

When I first started backpacking about 10 years ago I ran to these freeze dried meals honestly just because they were easy to get to the campsite and hassle free to make. It was just a bonus that they tasted great after a ton of miles on the trial.

Now, I continue to grab these meals when I'm outfitting my backpacking closet for the summer because they continue to taste great, are expanding their meal choices, and eliminate a lot of waste for me. My camping trips tend to be on the fly and can often be canceled or pushed back. With these meals lasting close to 10+ years I never have to worry about wasting food just because my plans change.

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer

Hey Andrew, how many and what types of meals do you get in a five-day kit? Any favorites or not-so-favorites? Also, do you think it's worth the cost to buy them in bulk like this? Thanks!