Most useful set of pots ever! This is the first decent…

Price Paid: retail circa 1979: $25.00?

Summary

Most useful set of pots ever!

Pros

• Simplicity
  • Durability
  • Versatility

Cons

• Weight takes it well out of ultralight category

This is the first decent camp pot I purchased. Expensive for a teenage-wanna be mountain man, but it has earned its keep hundreds of times over by now. I just use the larger pot and lid as that holds my stove, two bowls, fuel canister, lighter, rag, holder and a spork. The tabs on the lid retain a length of cord to tie it together.

I use this literally for everything cooking at home and outside. It works great on the stove top for my coffee water, boiling potatoes, or a quick sauce. The lid keeps bacon warm in the oven. Campside, on a stove it works well but can have a long boiling time on a micro stove head especially when full. But it is great on an open fire or barbeque grate. The stainless cleans easily with steel wool. Cooking and rewarming thick food needs a careful eye to prevent scorching.

It is bombproof and pours hot water better than any pot I've owned. 30 plus years of service!

Experience

This piece has been a regular companion on all my adventures: backpacking, car camping, cycle tours and is so useful I'll often take it even when I think I don't need it, like on a road trip. Nothing like being able to make an impromptu pot of coffee for you and your friends at a beautiful spot.