MSR Titan 2 Pot Set

photo: MSR Titan 2 Pot Set pot/pan

The Titan 2 Pot Set replaced the MSR Titan 2-Liter Pot.

Price MSRP: $159.95
Current Retail: $119.89-$159.95
Historic Range: $94.95-$159.95
Reviewers Paid: $149.00
Weight 9.6 oz / 0.27 kg
Width 7 in
Height 4.5 in
Material Titanium

Light and compact but holds up to 2 Liters of water. Two pots. Holds my little stove and small gaz cannister.

Pros

• Light
  • Just right size
  • Excellent quality

Cons

• The little handle thingy takes getting used to

MSR-3.jpg
Two pots, lid and handle thingy

We’re countin’ ounces nowadays. I used to use a small Coleman cookset and a nice little mountaineering stove, but when I weighed the rig I was using twemity-five years ago I knew I had to shed some pounds. Of backpack stuff, not my waist. So I wheedled my way into an MSR Titan cookset for last Fathers Day. As you can see it only weighs 9 oz in its nice sack.

MSR-2.jpg
caption

Comes with an inner potkin, but I don’t use it on the trail. I can get a small gaz, and the Primus stove inside snugly for a total weight of just over a pound.

MSR-4.jpg

Now on longer trips I will haul a larger gaz container. The pot holds almost 2 quarts of water and with the lid on, boils nicely. Only tricky thing is it uses the handle thing rather than something mounted on the pot itself. As with all mini stove rigs, just remember to put it on level ground and maybe support the cannister with a couple rocks.

Experience

Backpacked for years. Used to use a high quality mountaineering stove and a stainless steel pot kit. Got the MSR and little Primus stove last summer and was out in some windy wet weather—all worked well.

Nice review, King Thurber!

1 month ago