NEMO Galaxi 2P

Number of Poles 2
Canopy Fabric Mesh
Floor Fabric 70-denier coated nylon
Rainfly Fabric 68-denier coated ripstop polyester

I have used my Nemo Galaxi 2P tent for my solo (+ dog) backcountry camping for two years now. It is quick and easy to put up alone, very spacious design, held up beautifully during severe rainstorm. I love the fact that there is a lot of mesh space—I really like fresh air when I sleep!

Pros

• Spacious design with a headroom feel
  • Full mesh window design
  • Two large vestibles

Cons

• Some people might not like the 2 zipper doors

I like that there are two doors each with a large vestibule. It gives flexibility on choosing a site to set up—and allows for a nice cross breeze with the fly doors open.

The fly also setups easily; both fly and tent passed the waterproof and weatherproof test during a belting thunderstorm—I stayed dry and cozy!

The doors have a two-zipper system, which might seem a bit odd, but I believe that is the construction needed to have a fully mesh roof and sides (no fabric needed for construction). You do have to be careful not to leave a gap when closing the zippers for a potential mosquito entry point, but I have never had a problem.

On rain-free nights I love being able to sleep without the fly and have a complete view of the sky because of this design. It also uses an innovative magnet tie back so that again there is no need for additional fabric on the tent itself.

The bent pole design means that there is additional height, rather than a tight slope. I really like this—there is no claustrophobia!

I chose the 2P size even though I am primarily soloing, because I like the extra room for the dog and to keep my pack inside. I canoe camp so don't need "ultralight" but there is no problem fitting the tent in my pack along with all my other gear. I have also used it with two people (both 6-ft-ish) plus dog—no problem and very comfortable.

Experience

Owned for two years. Used for five backcountry canoe trips (4 solo; 1 with my teenaged son). Previously used rental or borrowed tents. I am happier with this tent than with the others based on size and design features

Price Paid: 200 C

Thanks for sharing your first review with us, Val & Scout! If you have any pictures of your setup, those would be great to see in your review too. Welcome to Trailspace!

This is my second experience with this tent in just over a year, and twice I've decided to return it, this time for good. The seam of the tie-down straps on the side of the rain fly split from the tent upon staking it down, leaving the tent sides exposed to rain and with no sufficient tie down.

Overall great and spacious tent. I want to continue buying it, but this is the second time the fly seam has split and I will have to look elsewhere.

Pros

• Spacious inside and vestibules
  • Relatively lightweight
  • Easy to set up

Cons

• Defective rain tarp seams
  • Weak stakes

Overall great tent, easy to set up with single hubbed pole, great pockets and vestibules/doors that you can tie up to keep open. Love that the footprint comes with it, but the fly seams ripping is what really led me to returning this tent.

Twice in the middle of a camping trip the seam at the fly tie down split after staking it down. The fly also gathered a relatively good bit of moisture in the mornings which sometimes would leak down into the tent.

Welcome to Trailspace, Patrick! Thanks for the review of your Nemo tent. Too bad it didn't work out. Did Nemo replace it for you the first time?

Patrick Duda

Hey Alicia, REI actually replaced it for me the first time and then was kind enough to refund me the second time last week.

That part is good then!

Timothy Schneider

I got my Nemo Galaxi 2 man Tent in Earth Brown "Sand Tan" from REI on 4-2017 and I can't wait to use my Nemo Galaxi 2 men Tent 2017 in Earth Brown "Sand Tan" for my Stealth Bicycle Camping in Southern California. and Bicycle Touring

@Timothy, I hope you'll review your own Nemo tents in the future. Have a great bicycle tour.

Timothy Schneider

I have the Kelty TraiLogic TN2 Tent and Footprint and maybe I can do one review on it in a few days

Thanks, Timothy!