Q&A

Have a question about three-season tents? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

This is well designed, extremely lightweight, and…

Summary

This is well designed, extremely lightweight, and packable one-person tent. I have backpacked Coast Range of British Columbia and in the Olgivie /Tombstone mountains in the Yukon. It performed very well in rain, snow, windy, and wet conditions. It sets up fast and provides superb shelter. I am 5'3" and found it had good space and headroom.

Pros

• Light weight
  • Fast and easy setup and takedown
  • Performs well in adverse conditions

Cons

• Material is on the fragile side (footprint recommended )

1JyXea354_VQjM3xJasRDF74Hf-NNc7NVN-IRHQk
zdnDIs9lRp_ZmXpG5jpknaH9Rt3azDxxocKTGqkd
The light weight is awesome, and it's extremely packable. I barely felt its presence in my pack. It sets up quickly and tautly with an easy and intuitive use.

The tent held up very well in prolonged wet conditions, heavy rain, wind, and snow.

The ventilation was very good—no issues. It does a good job.

The tent has been designed so that there is enough headroom to sit up (I am short and found it very comfortable). Gear storage is minimal, but adequate.

There are built-in adjustment do-dads for tensioning the the guy lines and adding in a bit of internal space.

I have had this tent for about two years, and thus far it has held up well. I did initially rip the tent floor having pitched it inadvertently on hidden stone shards...but easily patched it. Take care with pitching it and provide a footprint of some sort.

Experience

I have used other solo tents, all OK, but I am very happy with the Nemo Hornet with its ultra light weight and great design.

Welcome to Trailspace, Susan! Thanks for sharing a review of your Nemo tent. Do you have any pictures of its setup you could show others in your review?

Susan Leibik

Hi yes i have some how do i insert a photo?

Great! To add photos to your review (full/non-mobile version of the site):

1. Click the yellow “Edit this review" button at the top or bottom of your review (you can do this to update your review, add new info, pics, etc).

2. Click in the Detailed Review section of your review where you’d like to place an image.

3. Click the Insert/Edit Image icon (third from the right, looks like a tree) at the top of the Detailed Review section.

4. Select and Insert a photo you’ve already uploaded or upload a new one.

5. Once done with any edits, click the “Save Your Changes” button at the bottom of your review.

I hope that helps!

Go Time! (Jesse Maloney) BRAND REP

Welcome Susan. Thank you for the photos! That must have been a wonderful trip.

Great pictures, Susan!

Dr. Bryan Ryles

Susan, thanks for the review. I was curious if you had a problem with the outside tent walls leaning in and cutting out usable interior space? I had the NEMO Hornet 2P tent; loved the lightness and easy set-up, but didn't like that even with trying to guy out the side walls, I lost too much space because of the angle of the walls (i.e., far from vertical!). Thanks!

Susan Leibik

Hi Bryan, I can't say I have that experience. The guy line pulls did add space. I am a small person so that may be factor. I think the Hornet1 and Hornet2 are identical in design except for size.

Dr. Bryan Ryles

Thanks, and glad it is working for you!