New Balance Men's 805

The Men's 805 has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best trail running shoes for 2021.

photo: New Balance Men's 805 trail running shoe

Price Reviewers Paid: $70.00

This is by far the best running shoe I've ever used. My feet are over pronated (fallen arches) and I get horrible shin splints along the inside of my legs after just a few runs. I have custom insoles that I got from a podiatrist and they work great but only when used with the right shoe. 805's are perfect for them.

Also I might add that in high school when I did not have custom insoles I had a pair of 805's and didn't get shin splints until the end of the season. These shoes are heavy enough to provide support, but light enough not to hold you back.

I think some people get it in their heads that if they have flat feet that they need 10 pounds of hardware around their feet. I've found that shoes like that just exacerbate the problem or cause separate ones altogether. As long as least one pair of New Balance 805's left on this earth left, I will be wearing them. (Unless you get to them first).

Materials: Synthetic