New Balance Hiker

rated 1.0 of 5 stars

The Hiker has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best trail shoes for 2020.

Price Reviewers Paid: $50.00

These are absolutely the worst boots I've ever hiked in. I bought them about 4+ years ago, I hope NB has improved their line in that time. The model name may not have been "Hiker" but it was the only high top hiking shoe I could find from NB. I've since thrown the boots out.

The boots were moderately heavy. The padded ankle area was too loose to keep out dirt. The soles were very slippery. I would slip on flat ground if you mentioned the word "water" in the general vicinity. Really, the soles were made of some material that slipped easily on wet rocks (as compared to my Wilderness or Impact boots). The soles started wearing out early on (as would be typical of a running shoe). I tried to build the outer soles up using Shoe Goo, but with no luck.

I wear NB running shoes a lot, and I like them. But I couldn't recommend buying the hiking boots for real hiking unless they've changed...

Materials: leather + fabric

Hoka TenNine Hike GTX Review

Jetboil MiniMo Cooking System Review

ZJ Sport Epic Medium Wing Paddle Review

Going Higher Art Loeb Trl

Does anyone have plans to build something like this