Nite Ize Figure 9 Tent Line Kit
Current Retail: $8.79-$11.00
Historic Range: $6.53-$11.99
Reviewers Paid: $7.00-$10.00
Makes setup for tent or in my case for my tarp/rain…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: under or at $10
Makes setup for tent or in my case for my tarp/rain fly for my hammock. The reflective ridgeline is a plus.
- Sets up faster
- Reflective ridgeline
- Like all rope/ridge line can be too long
I bought this after my son highly recommend it. He uses his on his ENO tarp. The reflective ridgeline works great in the dark. I'm able to set up faster and easier than tying knots. After using them on a few trips I planning to buy some for my tent.
I highly recommend this product to save time and it makes setting up in the dark easier as well.
Unreliable plastic guy line tighteners. The first…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $7
Unreliable plastic guy line tighteners. The first one broke during the first night in calm winds. A second broke a few weeks later. I have not used the remaining six pack since.
- Nice way to tighten up lines
- The reflective cordage seems durable
- Cheap plastic
On the first night of use, I pitched my hammock tarp to test the Nite Ize Figure 9 Tent Line Kit, as well as my new MSR Groundhog stakes. Temps held steady around 31°F. Calm winds (2-3mph). Light snow.
I woke up at 3am to find my feet soaking wet. Turns out one of the Figure 9 had snapped in half. The two halves were attached to the rope, but the tarp was lying across the ridgeline on my hammock. The footbox of my sleeping bag was completely covered in snow. I finished the night using a taut line hitch to secure the tarp.
On a second try a few weeks later another of these items broke.
So two tests. Two breaks.
I'm not sure if the subfreezing temps made the plastic to brittle. Or perhaps I got a bad/defective batch. I have since switched over to titanium line tighteners, which have held up in heavy winds, rains, and snow.
Bought this to replace the guy lines that came with…
Price Paid: $10
Bought this to replace the guy lines that came with my tent.
- same diameter as tent guy lines.
- as light or maybe lighter than tent guy lines
- more grip in the tents' adjustable slides that the tents' original guy lines.
- green color disappears in the day time, be careful not to trip but nicer than day glow while in the wilderness camping.
- get four figure 9's with the kit
- strong for its size
- a little difficult adjusting when used as the tent guy lines as the reflective is little knobs in the line. But it is manageable and more easily adjusted after the first attempt.
Yes I do recommend, I would buy again from REI.