Optic Nerve Rapid

photo: Optic Nerve Rapid sport sunglass

Price MSRP: $29.99

Disclosure: The author of this review received a sample of the product from the brand or its representative in exchange for a review.

As a member of another website, I was able to test both the Backwoods and Rapid sunglasses by Optic Nerve in exchange for a review. Nice, comfortable, lightweight, polarized sunglasses at a great price point! Love the Rapid style for water sports and the Backwoods style for cycling/running, but both are great for everyday use as well.

Pros

• Lightweight (poly carbonate materials) but seem very durable.
  • Great price for high quality glasses. I usually buy cheap glasses because I tend to lose them or break them, but these are well-worth the extra $10-15 for quality glasses.
  • Polarized lenses with 100% UVA/UVB protection.
  • Perfect for water sports such as sea kayaking, sailing, etc.
  • Different shapes/lines work well for various sports or simply for everyday. I chose these glasses for use on the water, but also wear them cycling and have used them as everyday glasses from time to time.
  • Lifetime warranty!

Cons

• It would be great if these came with a protective case with the Optic Nerve logo.

I was able to test the Rapid and the Backwoods sunglasses by Optic Nerve. After a day of cycling and wine tasting, we took our sea kayaks out to Suttons Bay and spent the day kayaking around the bay.

What I like most about these glasses:

• Lightweight (poly carbonate materials) but seem very durable.
  • Polarized lenses with 100% UVA/UVB protection. Perfect for water sports such as sea kayaking, sailing, etc.
  • Different shapes/lines work well for various sports or simply for everyday. I chose the Rapid sunglasses for use on the water and the Backwoods style for cycling/running.
  • Lifetime warranty!

Some of the things I wish these glasses had:

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I kept the product after testing.)