Orange Mud HydraQuiver Vest Pack 2

photo: Orange Mud HydraQuiver Vest Pack 2 hydration pack

Vest pack with two 24 oz bottle holders high on the back. By default, this system has two velcro closed pockets on the shoulder straps for holding small items like food or lighting. Two expandable chest pockets are also included.

Pros

• Ease of use
  • Versatility
  • Fit

Cons

• Bottle holder adjustment (thickness)
  • Lack of clips

I purchased this item because I specifically do not like to run with bladder systems. The bottle holders are very easy to reach to grab or place back your hydration and never feels like you're "sloshing." Plenty of pockets come with the system by default and it has the ability to support an additional modular pack that can be placed between the two bottle holders.

At first I felt that it might cause some chaffing after a run, but after a 4-mile trial if anything it felt more comfortable than when I started.

I purchased the modular pack with the intent to use it to carry water filtration when in the mountains and it is more than large enough to support that. It additionally has a clip to hold your keys inside the modular pack, but that just made me wish the vest itself had one for the times I may not carry the additional pack.

I can see having additional water bottles dropped along a course and never needing to even pause at an aid station if enough food is brought along.

Your Review