I broke this shovel the first time I used it. I live…

Price Paid: B-Day present

I broke this shovel the first time I used it. I live in Alaska and took a 3 day avalanche class. On the first rescue digging drill, I started digging, then the 2 little aluminum rivets that hold the plastic handle on the shovel sheared off and the plastic handle kept on falling off of the shovel.

I fixed it by drilling a hole through the top of the shovel shaft and putting a bolt through the aluminum tube and plastic handle.

I was VERY disappointed with this shovel. Don't buy it until they fix this problem. And don't bother going to AMH in Anchorage either. They wouldn't give me credit for another shovel because it was "used". Poor customer service there. Buy a bigger shovel with a D handle. You'll be happy you did. -Mark