Osprey Eclipse 42+5

rated 5.0 of 5 stars

The Eclipse 42+5 has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best overnight packs for 2021.

photo: Osprey Eclipse 42+5 overnight pack (35-49l)

The Eclipse 42+5 replaced the Osprey Eclipse 42.

Price Historic Range: $116.35-$178.99
Reviewers Paid: $80.00

This is my ultimate pack. I bought from our local shop who got it from the local sale, so I only paid $80, you can't beat that!! I've used it for climbing, day hikes, overnight trips, and much more.

Only problem I have is that I bought a medium and I'm about 6 foot 6, so it was very small on me for a while but I adjusted the harness and now it fits great. the removable auguasource bladder converts into a nifty hydration pack I've used it one some river tubing adventures and it held up great. The fabric's strong, the straightjacket's allows it to cover so many sizes. the back panel access is great as well, it's easy to get to my gear quickly without taking everything else out.

I added a switch hipbelt to the pack so I could have the hipbelt pockets. The front stretch mesh pocket is great for stowing rain gear. All around this is one of my best packs and it was my first, I've had it for two and a half years and there hasn't been any blowouts or major problems. This pack is great.

Design: backpanel loader
Size: 42 liters plus 5 ( the auguasource)
Number of Pockets: two zippered, three mesh
Max. Load Carried: 40 lbs of climbing gear