Dish & DUER Stay Dry Denim Relaxed

Q&A

Have a question about hiking? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

A technical jean that can be worn to dinner or rock…

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (Received a sample of this product from the brand for purposes of this review.)

Summary

A technical jean that can be worn to dinner or rock climbing. Water resistant, performance stretch denim featuring Coolmax and Silvadur technology.

Pros

• Stretch fabric
  • Water restistant
  • Great styling
  • Odor control
  • Coolmax for comfort

Cons

• Pricey

dish&DE/UR has done what others haven't by producing a line of performance denim jeans. We all wear cotton jeans but we know they really don't work well for athletic activities.

dish&DE/UR has filled the void with its line of performance denim jeans. These classically designed jeans feature a lightweight stretchable Rainshield treated L2X fabric that is significantly lighter than cotton denim. Coolmax fabric technology provides effective breathability and the Silvadur treatment offers long lasting odor control. Reinforced stitching along with a gusseted crotch provide both comfort and strength.
IMG2_1.jpg
IMG1_1.jpg
I met with Dish&De/UR at this past winter's Outdoor Retailer show and fell in love with these jeans the minute I tried on a pair. They sent me a pair of 33" waist, 30" inseam Indigo relaxed fit jeans for testing in January and there hasn't been a week that I haven't worn them.

The fit was perfect from the start since the stretch fabric is very accommodating. The relaxed fit looked very stylish and was perfect for my body type. My first impression when putting on the Stay Dry jeans is that the fabric was very soft to the touch and light. A similar sized pair of cotton jeans tips the scales at 1lb, 13oz compared to 1lb, 4oz for the d&D jeans. The stretch of the fabric is amazing, more consistent with a pair of cycling pants than jeans.

Testing was done participating in a variety of activities in addition to wearing the jeans as an everyday pair of pants. The gusseted crotch makes wearing the jeans while biking and hiking quite comfortable since the middle seam is eliminated. The Coolmax fabric worked well in keeping me from overheating while both riding and hiking.

On a recent trip to the Northeast, I was caught in a couple of rain showers while sightseeing and was really happy with the performance of the Rainshield. Water beaded up and rain off my thighs without soaking through. Wearing the jeans several times over that week proved to me that the Siladur silver ion technology does an excellent job of fighting body odor.

While I haven't been rock climbing lately, I would not hesitate to wear these while climbing, the stretch is that good. What I like best is how versatile these jeans are. I don't have to change clothes every time I want to do something different. This versatility made the Stay Dry jeans perfect for travel.

IMG_20170329_142521580_HDR_1.jpg
The Stay Dry jeans continue to look as good as new after many washings, have remained colorfast and have not shrunk at all. I have not seen any signs of wear so far and a side benefit of the stretch fabric is that if I gain a pound or two the jeans still fit comfortably. While these jeans are fairly pricey, you get a lot of technology wrapped up in a great looking package.

Dish&DE/UR jeans come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.

Details:

• Size: waist 28,30,31,32,33,34,36,38,40 inseam 30",32" 34"
  • Color: Indigo, Black
  • Price: $139

Disclosure: I received a sample of this product for purposes of this review, but the opinions expressed are my own.

pillowthread

Hey Steve! So are these denim? That is, are they a part-cotton-part-whatever stretch jean, or a full-synthetic jegging?

I'd also like to know the makeup of the fabric. I know it's a denim blend of fibres with COOLMAX and anti-microbial Silvadur and that the brand says it's "30% lighter and stronger than a traditional pair of jeans" and stretchier.

@Pillowthread, I laughed when I saw your reference to "jeggings." But then I remembered how in my first ultra race there was a woman wearing running capris with a pattern that looked exactly like regular denim. She got a lot of comments and compliments on them.

Steve Mullen INCENTIVIZED REVIEWER

The L2X fabric is 70% Cotton, 28% Coolmax and 2% Lycra.