Imusa Aluminum Mug

rated 4.5 of 5 stars
photo:   Imusa Aluminum Mug cup/mug

Price Reviewers Paid: $3.00

Imusa aluminum mug/pot 1 liter

Pros

• Very utilitarian
  • Efficient shape
  • Inexpensive

Cons

• No lid

I had been admiring one of these with my wife in a store while on a trip. Once I got home, before I could decide whether to get one, they stopped carrying them. Later, my wife came across one on the clearance rack for under $3 and got it for me.

It has a good capacity at over a quart, has a stable wide bottom, which is also efficient for collecting heat.  It is aluminum which conducts heat well. There is no nonstick coating to be damaged. You can’t beat the price.

By itself:

Imsua-aluminum-mug.jpg

With obligatory Nalgene bottle:

imusa-mug.jpg

In use:

rich-moore-in-use-2.jpg

I understand that some people cut the handle off of modify it so it weighs less and takes up less space, however I like the handle for now.

Just so you know, looking online for what to call this, I saw that there is another one that one that looks similar but is cheaper and much smaller.

DrPhun

As I said in the last line, it can be difficult to tell the difference online between the small mug and the 1qt plus mug. See, Trailspace incorrectly put up the picture of the little one. (you can tell by comparing the handles.)

g00se

I would love to find one of these. They are old school ultra light.

dirtwheels

These are available at some walmarts. You can also purchase a version sans handles from Batchstoves and those are anodized. With a lid his 12 cm is $19.

Bushka’s Kitchen Lentil Lunch Review