Para'Kito Mosquito Repellent Band

The Para'Kito Mosquito Repellent wristband is highly…

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (Received a sample of this product from the manufacturer's PR representative for purposes of this review)

Summary

The Para'Kito Mosquito Repellent wristband is highly effective and easy to wear. The brightly colored wristbands are easy to load and adaptable to your wearing needs, like on a chain or around an ankle.

Pros

• Effective for at least 15 days
  • Colorful and stylish
  • Flexible and functional usage

Cons

• Somewhat expensive for wristband and refills
  • Not everyone will appreciate the fragrance

I received the Para'Kito wristband with two refills to trial ($19.50). I wore it while hiking at Lake Tahoe and then Mont Blanc and found it to be very effective in cool temperatures and hot. It can also be worn around an ankle.

I found it comfortable to wear due to the adjustable velcro strap. So effective that I continued to wear it while sleeping, although just placing it on your bedside table may be just as effective. The fragrance is strong, but I did not find it unpleasant. Guess it needs to be somewhat strong to be effective on the mosquitoes.

It is easy to install the refills and the colorful bands are attention getters, in a stylish and good way. A single refill pellet ($6.50) fits safe and snug in the mesh pocket on the outside of the band. The wristband and refill pellets are waterproof.

IMG_20160727_081807914-Trailspace.jpg

The company claims that the natural oils’ active ingredients are released into the air around you to help mask the scents of your breath and body, making it harder for mosquitoes to find you. They also say it is safe for kids and DEET free, which was important to me.

Inert ingredient is Vanilla and the active ingredients include Citronella oil, Rosemary oil, Geranium oil, Mint oil, Clove oil and Peppermint oil.

Para-Kito-Edited-Trailspace.jpg
The pellet is slipped into the mesh area seen here on the right of the picture.

IMG_20160728_074213473-Trailspace.jpg
The velcro closure makes it easy to put on and take off.  It can also be hung on a ring and dangled from your pack or your shirt or anywhere you want.

These can be purchased at Amazon.com for $19.50 with free shipping for Prime members. Also available at Walmart.com for the same price. Also available directly from the manufacturer with free shipping on orders over $50.

Disclosure: I received a sample of this product for purposes of this review.

Hi John, You noted the company said it's good for up to 15 days. How long did you find it was effective?

John Compisi MEDIA

Alicia, My first pellet lasted 20 days. Not sure if that is typical but I was impressed.

Thanks for the info, John.

Steve Mullen MEDIA

Where can these be purchased?

Expensive but effective band with an eye catching…

Price Paid: About £20 Euros

Summary

Expensive but effective band with an eye catching color and pattern. Saved me from sheer torment.

Pros

• Easy to use and refill
  • Many different designs, so something to suit all tastes/styles

Cons

• Initial purchase of band is expensive
  • Refills are relatively cheap

I was recommended the Parakito band while on holiday in Germany's Black Forest and having suffered 146 mosquito bites (Yes, I counted them!). I loved the range of designs choosing a vibrant one for myself but a more muted one for my partner.

The instructions were clear and straightforward and the band was comfortable to wear. I wore the band 24/7 though took it off for showering despite the instructions saying it could be left on. I like the smell of citronella, so was happy to wear the band, even more so when I didn't get another mosquito bite for the remainder of my two week stay in the Black Forest. I also wore the band with a new racket a couple of weeks later while camping in Scotland...no midgie bites for me.

I would highly recommend the bands and will certainly be buying more refills.

Welcome to Trailspace, Lindsay. Thanks for letting us know how these bands worked out for you. How long does a refill last?

1 year ago