TrailBlazer 18-Inch Take-Down Buck Saw

rated 5.0 of 5 stars (1)

The TrailBlazer 18-Inch Take-Down Buck Saw has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best camp saws for 2020.

photo:   TrailBlazer 18-Inch Take-Down Buck Saw camp saw

Price Reviewers Paid: $38.00

Trailblazer quality. I was actually looking for a…

Summary

Trailblazer quality.

Pros

• Light
  • Strong
  • Collapsable

Cons

• Does not come with a replacement saw blade
  • Cutting unscrews the tension bar, making the blade wobble

Trailblazer-Take-Down-Buck-Saw.jpg
I was actually looking for a Sawvivor in the first place, but since I am in Turkey, I had not had any luck of getting one from an online source so I started looking for other saws. I saw some reviews about this particular model, they were all positive. I then was able get one through ebay.

I got it and put it in my gear box, not knowing what it was capable of until last week when I went to this season's first winter camp. Along with my two buddies, we made a winter snow camp. After erecting the tent, we saw a previously felled tree right next to our camp. I remembered the saw in my backpack and assembled it.

The tree was laying sideways suspended over the branches. We started from the tip, clearing the branches first then cutting the trunk into roughly about two feet segments until we devoured the whole tree. The cutting was so easy that the saw ate through the wood like a chainsaw or a knife going through butter.

The blade is so well designed that you do not need to put any pressure on it while cutting. When assembled, the saw can be held both ways so two people can cut harmoniously together.

I love it dearly and recommend it sincerely.