Ultralight Backpacking Titanium Cathole Trowel

photo:   Ultralight Backpacking Titanium Cathole Trowel camp shovel/trowel

Price MSRP: $25.00

The author of this review makes and sells the product

Leave No Trace is a backpacker's greatest responsibility. Digging a cathole has become easy thanks to ultralight titanium trowels. They do not break like the orange plastic ones. They are super light, do not take up any space in a pack, carrabiner to the outside. Not too expensive. Everybody that backpacks and poops in the wilderness should have one.

Pros

• Ultra light, multi use, take no space, something every backpacker needs.
  • Small, about the size of a dollar bill.
  • Weight is only 19 grams or .6 of one ounce.

Cons

• Kind of expensive, but last a lifetime.

P1010048.jpg

P1010093.jpg

I got tried of the cheap, stupid, orange plastic cathole trowels that break all the time. I would end up using a stick, and it takes forever to dig a hole with a stick. I wanted something that would last. Something that did not weigh every much. I did not want to break my trekking poles either. So what could I use?

I looked on the internet, but found only super expensive trowels that were made of titanium. I decided to make my own. If you can find titanium sheet at a good price then by all means make your own too. I'm making them (Ultralight Backpacking Titanium Cathole Trowels) and sell them on eBay.

Source: I make them