Outdoor Products Apex Pack

I bought this back after completing a long through…

Design: Top loading
Size: 4500
Number of Pockets: 2 main and 2 mesh with a slim map pouch
Max. Load Carried: It can take a lot of weight, but it's gonna cost ya
Height of Owner: 5'9'' (175c)
Price Paid: >100

I bought this back after completing a long through hike and deciding that I wanted to go with an internal for the increased mobility. I have since carried it on many 2 or 3 day trips (mostly in the Grand Canyon) and every time I wear it I swear it's for the last time.

The pack has suspension but it is a complete waste. The hip belt makes no difference at all when worn and the sternum strap just makes it uncomfortable, the shoulder straps do a very poor job of allowing for a customized fit, something that is essential as every hiker and every trail demands a slightly different weight distribution. The design of the pack makes for a top heavy load and there is no place to put a h2o bottle so that it can be accessed while the pack is worn.

The only good thing I have to say about this pack is that it has not failed me on the trail. It was cheap, but next time I will spend a little more money and buy a proper one.