Outdoor Products Apex Trekking Pole Set

These are good-looking, sturdy trekking poles. They…

Summary

These are good-looking, sturdy trekking poles. They are well made and the locking levers make a satisfying click to let you know they are secure. These are a good buy for the money.

Pros

• Sturdy
  • Lever locks
  • Inexpensive—good value!

Cons

• Rubber grips are sweaty
  • Straps are cheap

I recently took these out on the Shaupeneak Ridge in New York to hike the white blazes and they held up and really gave me great support on both the up and downs. We hiked on dry, powdery dirt, rocky uphills, branchy, grassy flats and damp rocks near a waterfall.

The locking levers are easy to adjust and there was no slippage on the trail. I felt supported and secure for the four miles or so we used them. The rubber grips are okay, but made things a little sweaty. The straps are cheap and a bit uncomfortable, I might rig something else up but they are secure and didn't come loose.

The traction was good on both rocks and dirt and even though there are no shocks. I didn't feel like I was being jarred around. There's a bit of flex, but not too much. They come with tip guards and wider guards for use on hard, flat surfaces.

I would definitely recommend these trekking poles as a great deal for the money.

Welcome to Trailspace, Wayne. Thanks for sharing your first review with us. I'd love to see some pictures of your poles in action in your review.

Wayne Pyle

Thanks, Alicia. I couldn't figure out how to post a photo from the phone version of Trailspace.

Thanks for sharing your picture, Wayne! You're right that the mobile version doesn't have every feature/function. I'm glad you were able to edit fully on your computer.