Outdoor Products Ripcord

Q&A

Have a question about hydration packs? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

Great pack. The pack is well designed. It can hold…

Great pack. The pack is well designed. It can hold a good amount of gear or snacks for your day hike. The shoulder straps are nicely padded and so is the back part of the pack. The sleeve to keep the hose from freezing will still freeze in really cold weather.

The BAD part of the pack is the hydration bag, "leaks bad". Having a wet back or backpack sucks.

The Good News, it is an easy fix: I unthreaded the hose from the bottom of the hydration bag and wrapped the threads with Teflon tape and no more leak.

Bottom line I would buy it again!

Just received it today. Haven't tested in real world…

Design: Ripcord
Price Paid: $38 w/shipping

Just received it today. Haven't tested in real world yet. Has a fair amount of compartments. Seems to be built pretty well. I packed a fair amount of stuff into it, to test it. It did OK. I checked a lot of bags, and this one seemed to be the best value. I would recommend it.