I have been hiking for years and this pack is a great…

Design: external
Size: 4860 CI
Number of Pockets: 5 external and one on the flap
Max. Load Carried: 50 lbs
Height of Owner: 5' 11"

I have been hiking for years and this pack is a great pack. The frame is the same principal as the Coleman Peak 1 when they first came out.

This pack has plenty of room, plenty of pockets and adjusts great. The hefty padding on the hip and shoulder pads is perfect!! The middle pocket is just the right size to hold your rain jacket and pants. The side pockets help keep you organized and the main flap pocket is perfect for a map and a rain cover. Plenty of room on the bottom of the frame to strap on a sleeping bag and the top of the frame extends well above the pack and is an excellent spot to tie down your sleeping pad.

It is a durable pack and has been a really great pack. I would buy another in a heartbeat!! The main pack is divided into two separate compartments and loads easily.

The only thing I did not like about the pack, is the string closure mechanism at the mouth of the pack. It grabs and frays the drawstring. I pulled it off and put on a regular spring loaded cord lock. No problems after that!!

I bought this pack because of the price and I was…

I bought this pack because of the price and I was a new Boy Scout leader without a lot of backpacking experience. The pack has performed very well--it holds 2-3 days of gear easily, adjusts easily, carries the weight well, and is durable. You can't beat this pack for the price.

The Saturn has been discontinued.

The Outdoor Products Saturn is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 24, 2010 at Campmor.

Win a Helle Wabakimi Knife by "Survivorman" and a Kupilka FireSteel