Outdoor Research Alias Cap

rated 4.5 of 5 stars (2)

The Alias Cap has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best caps for 2019.

photo: Outdoor Research Alias Cap cap

Price Current Retail: $150.00
Historic Range: $12.97-$150.00
Reviewers Paid: $20.00

Excellent hat! I wear it all the time, from the golf…

Fabric: polyester

Excellent hat! I wear it all the time, from the golf course to the trail. It especially outshines cotton hats when it gets sweaty. It dries very fast and doesn't hold much moisture. When it gets grungy, I toss it in the washing machine and it comes out looking like new.

My only complaint is that it's only available in two colors. I have one of each.

An excellent cap for the trail any time of the year.

Fabric: Schoeller 3Xdry

An excellent cap for the trail any time of the year.

Unless it is really, really cold (so that I have to protect my ears), I usually wear a baseball cap -- it gives me just enough warmth in winter, something to pull off and swat at bugs with in summer, and good shade for my eyes in any season (except for the coldest points in the winter, when I do anything aerobic I wear the ball cap, and when I get above tree-line, I just slip a balaclava over the hat). This one is great -- water resistant, quick-drying and breathable.

Highly recommended.