Current Retail: $24.99-$36.00
Historic Range: $11.95-$37.00
Reviewers Paid: $25.00-$30.00
Current Retail: $18.00-$30.00
Historic Range: $4.95-$30.00
Ultimate hiking cap, great cover, lightweight, breathable,…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: 25$
Ultimate hiking cap, great cover, lightweight, breathable, durable, and highly adjustable.
- Great cover
- Lightweight, breathable, comfortable
- Doesn't block your field of vision
- Visor is too short
- Covers almost all of the exposed skin of head and neck
- Doesn’t block your field of vision like most wide brim hats do
- Lightweight, highly breathable, and packs to nothing
- Adjustable—you can take the hood off, or position it in many forms
- Durable, easy to wash, and fast to dry
- Comfortable, doesn’t stress or nags
- Covers your neck without bumping into your backpack
The visor is too short. It’s actually shorter than a regular cap. I have no idea what’s the logic behind it but the result is that it leaves your nose and cheeks exposed to the sun in some angles. Although this cap covers almost all of the head and neck I still had to use sunscreen on different areas such as my nose and cheeks and the lower part of the back of my neck (looking down while walking exposes your back neck).
Despite its one flaw I will still use this hat on my next adventures. It’s way better than any other hat I tried.
A very effective design for all kinds of uses and…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $30
A very effective design for all kinds of uses and conditions, either as a mere cap, to full neck protection from sun.
- Flexible ventilation
- A bit expensive
This is a very useful piece of gear. The neck drape is detachable with simple snaps on front and velcro in back. Allows use as a simple cap, or if more protection is needed, the neck drape can be attached.
Very well ventilated on the sides of the cap, which can be covered up when the neck drape is attached if desired. Very lightweight and fast drying.
I've used it on many multi-day high altitude climbs and short day hikes... and even for sun protection while just mowing the lawn. It's a bit pricey, but given its versatility, highly recommended.