Outdoor Vitals Dominion 2P

photo: Outdoor Vitals Dominion 2P three-season tent

Price MSRP: $274.97
Current Retail: $274.97
Packed Weight 4 lbs. (includes tent body, rainfly, poles, guy lines, 8 stakes and carry sack)
Ultralight Mode 2 lbs. 12 oz. (rainfly, poles, footprint)
Weights Fly: 1 lb 4 oz / Tent Body: 1 lb 7.5 oz / Footprint: 7 oz / Poles: 16.3 oz / 8 Stakes: 3.3 oz / Guy Lines: 1 oz
Tent Mesh 15 Denier
Bathtub Floor 30D Ripstop Nylon Siliconized outside with PU coating on inside 3000mm waterproofing
Poles DAC NSL 9mm Aluminium Poles (comes with pole splicer in case of a pole break)
Rainfly 15D Ripstop Nylon Siliconized outside with PU coating on inside 1200mm waterproofing
Peak Height 38 in
Floor Dimensions 85" x 52" Head Width x 47" Foot Width
Vestibules 30 in from tent body
Pack Size 6 x 6 x 22 in

The single best piece of gear I own.

Pros

• Very breathable
  • Two doors
  • Fairly lightweight
  • Waterproof
  • Spacious
  • Easy set up

Cons

• The only con might be when opening tent doors it can cause a small amount of rain to get in as you enter, and exit.

I have owned this tent for 3.5 years. It is very comfortable for two people. To this day after heavy use it is still waterproof and in great shape. The only issue is that my wife zipped the door up and tore it. Two years ago. A small patch, and it has been good as new.

I have used this tent in heavy rain, snow, hail, high winds, and hot nights. I still wake up dry, and with a smile on my face to this day. The coldest night I spent in this tent was 13 degrees. With the wife and I sleeping in it waking up to outside temps of 18 degrees it maintained 66 degrees inside the tent. But most importantly we stay very dry—no leaks, no condensation.

I love this tent. It is my single favorite piece of gear.

20200216_155858.jpg

Experience

This is my first expensive tent after owning many cheap ones

Welcome to Trailspace, Jacob! Thanks for sharing your first gear review with us. Out of curiosity, where was your picture taken?

Jacob davis

The picture was taken at Jake's rocks. In Allegheny national forest.

Thanks for sharing, Jacob.

Win Kora Wool Activewear for Year-Round Adventuring

Klean Kanteen 27oz Classic Review

GSI Outdoors Pinnacle Dualist HS Review

NiteCore NU25 Review

Which Leather Waterproofing/Conditioner Do You Use and Why?

Zamberlan Baffin GT Review