Ozark Trail 10-Piece Easy Storing Camp Cook Set

Q&A

Have a question about cookware? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

This product is designed as a two-person cook set.

Price Paid: less than $20

Summary

This product is designed as a two-person cook set. It is similar to the GSI brand, except more budget-friendly.

Pros

• Stackable
  • Easy maintenance
  • Price

Cons

• Weight

I picked up this set from Wal-Mart for less than $20. I am a solo hiker but for the price I had to give it a shot.

It is durable and is very well made. It is designed as a two-person cook kit, however, I took out all of the secondary items and had room in the pot to add my rocket stove, lighter, and fuel canister.

According to Wal-Mart (dot) com, this fully assembled item weighs in at 2.75 oz. I have not weighed my setup, but have used it on a section hike and it works out quite well. I would highly recommend this item for someone starting out hiking or someone that is on a budget.

Again, this item is the cheaper version of the GSI brand. I haven't used the GSI brand items to know how they compare.

As the two-person cook kit, it would work very well for two people just camping (like car camping or walking to a camp site). I wouldn't try to carry the entire two-person set hiking in the backcountry.

I have linked my YouTube review here for those interested in viewing.

Thanks for sharing your review, mrgriff82!