Ozark Trail Collapsible Coffee Drip

Q&A

Have a question about coffee presses and filters? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

The Ozark Trail Collapsible Coffee Drip is made of…

Price Paid: under $5 US

Summary

The Ozark Trail Collapsible Coffee Drip is made of heat-resistant silicone, making this coffee drip both a pleasure to use and making for a great hot brew up. There is no metal to leave that metal taste and no plastic so there is no plastic taste either. Just the taste of your fresh hot brewed cuppa of coffee, tea, cocoa, hot cider, etc.

Pros

• Quick, easy, low risk method
  • Heat resistant SILICONE
  • Uses easy to find #2 size filters
  • No mess, easy to clean
  • Easy to pack-out used filters/grounds when backpacking
  • Not hot to the touch when you remove it after the brew
  • Can be used to make a cuppa or a whole pot to share

Cons

• Take some small freezer bags for "leave no trace behind"

Sometimes you happen across a gem of a find and it is a real SCORE. This product is one of those finds!

The Ozark Trail Collapsible Coffee Drip is made of heat-resistant silicone. Some silicone can taste like rubber, but not this one! Just the taste of your fresh hot brewed cuppa of coffee, tea, cocoa, hot cider, etc.

You simply insert a #2 cone filter (I use Pure Brew brand filters), add your normal amount of coffee, etc, boil your water, and SLOWLY pour into the filtered drip.

Those of us who have searched high and low for a great cuppa without an aftertaste will be so glad they tried one of these drips from Ozark Trail. I bought mine at one of the Super-Stores for a super price of next to nothing. Having tried it on a whim, I went back and bought one for each of my backpacks and my rucks.

They take up no real space in your packs and since the prices for them are more than reasonable, getting several is a good-thing. Great for when those sudden Gotta Have It Now coffee attacks hit. Believe me on this one, I've tried a lot of different ways to brew up a great cuppa using all kinds of different methods. This one is a quick, easy, low risk way to a perfect brew up.

I have used this product when tent camping, day hiking, fishing, at sunset picnics, and roadside parks. I have even used it with hot water, made ahead of time, during van camping as I waited out a thunderstorm — it's that easy to use.

Welcome to Trailspace, Pamela. I'm curious, do you have any pictures of this coffee setup for others to see?

Pamela K

Alice, thank you for the Welcome Hello. I have enjoyed this site as a guest for some time now and finally joined. This was my first review. I do not have a photo of my coffee drip but I will set it up (just takes a minute to do) and snap a few for posting here. Thanks agaon for the warm Welcome.

You're welcome, Pamela!