Patagonia Men's Nano Puff Jacket

Weight 12.5 oz / 354 g
Shell Fabric 1 oz 15-Denier 100% Recycled Polyester, Deluge® DWR Finish
Lining 1.4 oz 22-Denier 100% Recycled Polyester, Delug® DWR Finish
Insulation 60 g PrimaLoft One 100% Polyester

This jacket is a solid micro puffy. The features are well designed.

• Nice pocket design

Cons

• The cut of the torso is not fitted

The Nano Puff Jacket used to be the standard for light micro puffy jackets. Now I think some other companies have caught up and exceeded this jacket.

The Nano Puff Jacket is light, wind resistant, and warm enough to be a light belay jacket for rock climbing. It layers well. I wish the cut in the torso were more athletic. The size and shape of the pockets helps keep things inside.

Welcome to Trailspace, Jesse. How long have you had your Nano Puff?

Jesse F

Hi Alicia, Nice to meet you! I bought my nano puff in 2011.

Thanks, Jesse.

A must-have jacket. Super light and pack-able, yet keeps you warm in winter.

Pros

• Light
  • Warm
  • Water-resistent

Cons

• Price is higher than other similar products

I walk every day to work. I usually wear this on a chilly and snowing day with a shell outside. Never feel any cold.

Great light jacket for cool to cold temps and as a mid layer when it is really cold. Stylish, high quality product from Patagonia that seems like it will last for years.

• Warm
  • Very packable

First, I want to say that I am a big fan of Patagonia gear. The quality is always excellent and I like the back to basics, no frills style of their clothing. This jacket has been on my list for a while and I finally went ahead and bought one. Once again, Patagonia did not disappoint.

This jacket is very lightweight for the warmth it provides. It works great with a light base layer as a cool weather jacket or as a mid layer when the weather gets really cold. I use it for hiking and it performed great on a recent New Year's Day hike where the temp was in the upper 30's to lower 40's range. All I had on underneath was a long sleeve Patagonia Capilene 2 shirt. I actually got a little warm with the sun shinning and took it off for a while until I cooled off again.

It also works nicely as a casual jacket around town. One really nice feature is that it packs up into one of its pockets and is great for travel.

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All Nano Puff Jacket versions

In addition to the 3 men's reviews above, there is 1 review for another version of the Nano Puff Jacket. Read all reviews »