These pants are incredibly versitile. I wear them…

Fabric: ripstop polyester w/ Activent

These pants are incredibly versitile. I wear them with a gore-tex parka to stay dry while backpacking through rain. Full gore-tex pants don't make much sense to me because they cost so much and are only good when it's pouring. The Pneumatics I can wear any time and not have to worry about get soaked in my own sweat. They breathe better than me.

If it gets too hot in the sun and I don't feel like stopping to take them off, I can just pull them up to my knee and keep moving. They are not waterproof, but resist light rain and are windproof. I find my legs don't get hit with rain too much if I have a backpack on anyway. I thought they would tear easily cause the fabric is kinda thin, but they handle twigs and rocks relatively well. Oh, and did I mention they only weigh a couple ounces. A great all around pant.

The Pneumatic Pants has been discontinued.

The Patagonia Pneumatic Pants is not available from the stores we monitor.

Katadyn BeFree 0.6L Review