Pearl Izumi syncroSEEK 2

rated 4.00 of 5 stars

The syncroSEEK 2 has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best trail running shoes for 2020.

photo: Pearl Izumi syncroSEEK 2 trail running shoe

Men's
Price Historic Range: $17.81-$94.94
Reviewers Paid: $95.55
Women's
Price Historic Range: $19.96-$94.94

I own two pairs of syncroSeek 2s. I run a lot of rocky, root-covered, hilly, single-track in northern Kentucky, and the syncroSeek 2s are my normal "long distance" shoes when it comes to trails. While heavier than the inov-8s I also run in, the syncroSeek2s are supportive and protective for longer distance sessions or events.

I recently used both pairs to complete the Dances With Dirt 50-mile trail race in Gnaw Bone, Indiana. I changed shoes and socks at the 24.5 mile aid station, giving each pair a pretty even outing. My only foot injury was a pair of small red marks just below the knob on each outside ankle. I don't know if that was due to my foot design or the shoe, but they never became anything more than just marks--no blistering at all.

The shoes aren't the greatest in shedding mud, but they stand out in long-distance comfort. The seamless interior helps keep blisters at bay, and the shoe's frame work makes them quite a stable platform, though a bit heavy.

Break-in Period: Recommend breaking in before any long distance stuff