Q&A

Have a question about climbing? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

Wow, these things are comfy and if you cover up the…

Summary

Wow, these things are comfy and if you cover up the waistband they will pass for nice linen dress pants.

Pros

• Soft
  • Light
  • Comfy
  • Not restrictive of any movement

Cons

• Not very resistant to abrasion
  • Not warm
  • I would like hem drawcords

I found these on sale at a major retailer and I had just discovered how comfortable prAna pants were. In fact I had vowed to wear nothing but prAna pants ever again and so I needed another pair of prAna something. I put them on as soon as I got home and was thrilled at how soft they were. But, it was 30 degrees outside and I don't turn my heater up very high so I put midweight wool long underwear bottoms on under. I was comfy in a 65-degree house then.

I haven't climbed in them and I probably won't climb in them unless I'm at a gym. They are so thin and soft that even though hemp is very tough I would be worried that they would get holes from the rock. I've done some yoga in them and they are not constraining in any way.

G00SE

Thanks for the review, Jeff. So are recommending them for backpacking?

jeff zuptich

That's a good question, they would be great to wear in the desert for protecting your legs from the sun. I would not wear them in an off trail situation where their durability was put to the test