Princeton Tec Corona

photo: Princeton Tec Corona headlamp

Price Historic Range: $24.95-$61.74
Reviewers Paid: $40.00

I gave this light a high mark b/c of the quality and it does what it's designed for very well. I actually bought the bike version. I have used it as a bike light, helmet light and as a headlamp.

Here are my observations:
I use the Corona bike light and I have a headband that I use when I want to use it as a headlamp. The light is no HID but it does a good enough job for me to ride single-track trails through the trees. The extra run time and long cord are big pluses for winter use as I can just put the battery pack in my inside coat pocket and the run time from the 8AA battery pack is insane!

Here is where I bought mine:

It is larger but still fairly lightweight since I do not have battery pack on the headband. The battery pack can be placed in a pocket or attached to belt or pack w/the velcro straps on it's nylon case.

Primary use:
Cold weather hiking, some general hiking, night time outdoor activities like fishing and kayaking, and as a bike-or-helmet mounted light (I just bought the DiNotte Lux V for my helmet). Now it will probably just remain on my bike since I bought the APEX unless I need an additional light for a friend.

Here is a very detailed review:

I own six headlamps and maybe 25 LED flashlights. Corona is the best headlamp so far. The little 3-AAA's are fine for in camp or close work, but the Corona really lights up the night with 8 LED's when you get off a trail. I'd give it 5 stars except for the weight and it takes 3 AA's. I usually buy them four at a time. I'd like to see a low power indicator, but I carry spare batts anyway.
Corona also has a nice low end battery-saving 1 LED setting, which is missing from the PT Apex.

Price Paid: don't remember

This was the first LED headlamp I had ever purchased. I am very pleased with the lamp, as it illuminates my surroundings very well. It has plenty of differing power settings. It is well made. The batteries seem to last a long time.

The only problem I have with it is the battery pack doesn't allow me to wear it under my baseball hat bill. This is probably a user preference, though, as some might prefer the lamp on top of the bill instead of below the bill. I like being able to see my feet without bending my head all the way over.

Price Paid: forgot what I paid