Hi all, Snap here. I've had my light about 3 weeks,…

Hi all, Snap here. I've had my light about 3 weeks, bought it from Sierra Trading Post, on 11-23-08.

build quality 4.5 stars why? comes with lenses of different colors nothing special, plastic clear blue red & green, much is made of these lenses by P.T, there claiming they make it very-bright, nonsense!. the reflector has that job & it's just O.K. the beam has annular rings in the beam pattern, these artifacts could have been eliminated, & they should been!

it is not particularly bright; it uses 3 watts of power to produce the light it does produce. I cant help but compare it to my Apex Pro headlamp; it is much brighter for the power consumed (3 watts) and it has better throw, with good spill light.

the aforementioned lenses require you to remove the head, & there's a little thin fragile gasket that's too easy to lose, & there are no spares. remember these people do-not! return phone calls.

it comes with a pouch that is a throw away! ill conceived, it will not allow you to use it, with accessory anti roll ring, that comes with light, nor the other ring that allows you to attach a lanyard to light.

& finally no provision has been made for storing the lenses in a compartment on the pouch, dumb!. "nite ize" will hopefully come to the rescue! I've been rough on a good company, because this light is very pricey, compared to many other lights that sell for less!

why did I buy it? I expected more then I got and it was on sale! list price is $85! not $55, so 4.5 stars I hope my very critical report helps you!. Snap.

The Genesis has been discontinued.

The Princeton Tec Genesis is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 2, 2015 at Sierra.

Six Moon Designs Silver Shadow Review