Princeton Tec Genesis

The Genesis has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best flashlights for 2021.

photo: Princeton Tec Genesis flashlight

Price Current Retail: $129.99
Historic Range: $39.95-$129.99
Reviewers Paid: $54.95

Hi all, Snap here. I've had my light about 3 weeks, bought it from Sierra Trading Post, on 11-23-08.

build quality 4.5 stars why? comes with lenses of different colors nothing special, plastic clear blue red & green, much is made of these lenses by P.T, there claiming they make it very-bright, nonsense!. the reflector has that job & it's just O.K. the beam has annular rings in the beam pattern, these artifacts could have been eliminated, & they should been!

it is not particularly bright; it uses 3 watts of power to produce the light it does produce. I cant help but compare it to my Apex Pro headlamp; it is much brighter for the power consumed (3 watts) and it has better throw, with good spill light.

the aforementioned lenses require you to remove the head, & there's a little thin fragile gasket that's too easy to lose, & there are no spares. remember these people do-not! return phone calls.

it comes with a pouch that is a throw away! ill conceived, it will not allow you to use it, with accessory anti roll ring, that comes with light, nor the other ring that allows you to attach a lanyard to light.

& finally no provision has been made for storing the lenses in a compartment on the pouch, dumb!. "nite ize" will hopefully come to the rescue! I've been rough on a good company, because this light is very pricey, compared to many other lights that sell for less!

why did I buy it? I expected more then I got and it was on sale! list price is $85! not $55, so 4.5 stars I hope my very critical report helps you!. Snap.

Win Kora Wool Activewear for Year-Round Adventuring

Klean Kanteen 27oz Classic Review

GSI Outdoors Pinnacle Dualist HS Review

NiteCore NU25 Review

Which Leather Waterproofing/Conditioner Do You Use and Why?

Zamberlan Baffin GT Review