This is my 1st Rab product and as there was no other…

Price Paid: Super sale $135

Summary

This is my 1st Rab product and as there was no other review on T-Space of this item I will post my two cents worth.

Pros

• Nice quality and workmanship
  • Great price from S.T.Post
  • Great cuff system
  • Good arm length
  • Fairly lightweight

Cons

• Average waterproofness and breathability specs
  • Too small of a hood for a larger helmet use
  • Poor hood adjustment pulls in the front
  • Wish for more pockets, maybe a snow skirt
  • Very high collar, not easy to fold down out of the way when worn open
  • Tight under arms
  • No core venting

I got this aimed at ski and snowboard use (after all it's called a Snowpack!), but was disappointed in the lack of ski features, no inner mesh dump pockets, not outside mp-3 pocket, no snow skirt, and I could not zip up the collar when wearing a ski helmet (large or XL helmet.)

I am 5-10, 175 lbs. I tried the medium size first. It was a little tight under the arms, but overall decent fit. I really wanted to be able to have the hood work with a helmet, so I took a chance and exchanged for a large size, better fit under arms but... same size hood! So now I will probably return.

Rab is a U.K. brand and the zip is backwards (left) and there is no 2-way (bottom up) zipper, but that did not bother me much. I did like the regular zipper with storm flap, (instead of a sticky hard to start / waterproof zipper.) But I do not like the "snaps " at the very top and bottom on the storm flap. These are hard to do and undo, and usually left open to flap in the wind.  Velcro would be better, a magnetic clasp would be best. (Why do I never see these except on high end Obemeyer jackets!)

The front hood  face cinch adjustment is inside the jacket with strings that stick out in front of your face. These interfere with the  collar and zipper, and you can't adjust without opening the jacket. The hood is not a free floating design, when you turn your head with the hood up it stays facing forward and you will be looking into the back of the hood.  Arm length was good for me on both the med and large. Cuffs have Velcro and elastic, so you can adjust snug but still slide hands in and out without undoing Velcro. (nice design!)

This would be a nice  one piece jacket for sleet or cold rain with just a beanie or headband under the hood, but at close to $275 retail there are better options out there, and a treated down micro puffy and waterproof breathable rain shell would be a better choice and have much more versatility.

G00SE

Hey, Montana. I think you misunderstand the sharing of reviews. After you post a review, you get the screen asking you to share it on FB, etc. But that is definitely NOT a requirement (nor is it a requirement to be entered into contests). You can post all the reviews you want and never share them to FB. For myself, I created a separate FB page "Adventures of Goose" which includes my reviews and other items that many of my friends would not be interested in. I have over 200 subscribers, many of whom I don't even know. https://www.facebook.com/CaveGoose

Montana Ski and Sail

Good know, the instructions say, "and post to social media". Regardless, for me, the whole point of using Trail space is to have a neutral site to give and get info on gear so people can make good equipment choices.