Rab Xenon 2.0 Insulated Jacket

photo: Rab Xenon 2.0 Insulated Jacket synthetic insulated jacket

The Xenon 2.0 Insulated Jacket replaced the Rab Xenon Insulated Jacket.

Men's
Price Current Retail: $107.10-$189.95
Historic Range: $107.10-$189.95
Weight 387 g / 13.6 oz (Size M)
Fit Regular
Fabric recycled Pertex Quantum outer
Insulation PrimaLoft Silver, a lightweight, packable, and water-resistant insulation made from 100% recycled plastic bottle chips
Women's
Price Current Retail: $180.00-$190.00
Historic Range: $117.44-$190.00
Weight 387 g / 13.6 oz (Size 10)
Fit Regular
Fabric recycled Pertex Quantum outer

rated 5.00 of 5 stars average rating

or

I’m now on my second Rab Xenon jacket. I wore the first one nearly every day from fall through spring for years until the outer fabric finally started to wear through.

Pros

• Very light
  • Warm
  • Fairly good-sized pockets
  • Stuffs easily into its chest pocket
  • Nice-fitting hood

Cons

• None

My first Xenon jacket only had a one-way main zipper so it didn’t work well as a chilly-weather belay piece. That’s the only thing I had wished Rab had done differently. By the time I bought my new (second) Xenon jacket Rab was making them with a two-way zipper. Yay!

On the downside, the first Xenon fit perfectly, but the newer one is cut more snugly all over, so I recommend sizing up. I also liked the color options a little better in the older model, but overall it’s still my favorite go-to piece!

Experience

I have multiple jackets from various reputable outdoor clothing brands and the Xenon just works for me in the widest range of conditions.

Price Paid: I paid about $180 US

Your Review

Fall Hiking & Camping Gear

NEMO Moonlander Dual-Height Table Review

The Horseshoe Traverse, Norway (belated TR)

NEMO Moonlite Reclining Chair Review