Red Rock Outdoor Gear Element Day Pack

rated 4.5 of 5 stars
photo: Red Rock Outdoor Gear Element Day Pack daypack (under 35l)

Price MSRP: $59.99
Reviewers Paid: $55.00

This is a great compact daypack that I have used alone on quick hikes for an afternoon and also when I did a four-day camping trip when hiking the Pocono Mountains. It was sturdy and a great size with a pocket for my hydration bladder. The padded mesh back made for a comfortable trip in hot weather hiking.

Pros

• Durability
  • Size and structure
  • The MOLLE webbing

Cons

• I think any concealed carry pocket should be a closed pocket, IMO

I liked that the shoulder straps were padded and the back was meshed for when I got hot while hiking. I like to go lightweight and appreciated the cinch straps to tighten my load. I am an average sized woman and it fit great. I was comfortable with every trip.

I used this pack several weekends last year on individual hiking and overnight camping trips, probably a total of 20 times so far. I see no evidence of stitch ripping, no zipper malfunctions and no outer abrasions. I got caught twice in the rain and it held up without soaking all of the inside contents.

I love the Molle webbing. I attached an extra jacket, my bed roll, and a pouch with my first aid stuff, plus a protective pouch with my cell phone.

Experience

I have several backpacks for different types of trips. I love hiking and I go often. This pack is one of my favorites because it can be compact but still able to carry all of the important stuff. I do lots of overnights camping and wilderness terrain. It's very comfortable to wear.

Price Paid: $55 retail online

Welcome to Trailspace, Jeanine! Do you have any pictures from using this pack on the trail? Those would be helpful for others to see.

Jeanine

I'm usually the one with the camera, but I'll have hubby take one the Spring...its -13 degrees here so hiking is on hold! : (

Thanks, Jeanine!