I own over a dozen packs. This, BY FAR, was the very…

Summary

I own over a dozen packs. This, BY FAR, was the very best. I spent two months out on each of four separate trips (8 months total) AND used it for every weekend getaway at home. It accommodated anything and everything -- as spacious as checked roller/handle luggage, yet always slipped right through security.

Pros

• Comfortable straps, waistbelt.
  • Amazing loadlifters.
  • Full front panel load, dual zippers on every compartment for easy locking.
  • Cinch straps and sleeping bag loops made for easy stowing.
  • Two massive easily accessible side pockets.
  • Front connected daybag organizer.

Cons

• Daybag is sewn in on the bottom, for no reason. A quick fix tho, and you have a detachable purse sized organizer.

The ONLY issue I've ever had with this exceptionally well-built, 8-year-old part of my soul is that it was stolen in San Francisco last year. And I have scoured every site, without luck. I've purchased over a dozen different brands and styles, but nothing compares.  Any help or direction to a secret bunker of discontinued REI Alpine packs would be much appreciated. I would give 5 times its worth to avoid the frustration on my next stint in 2 weeks.

REI Women's Alpine 35 Plus Pack

The Women's Alpine 35 Plus Pack has been discontinued.

The REI Women's Alpine 35 Plus Pack is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 2, 2009 at REI.

Congratulations, Troy, our Therm-a-Rest Gear Winner

"The further you can walk, the more you can see." Meet Charles, Reviewer of the Month

Gregory Sucia 28 Review

Zpacks Z-Line Dyneema Cord 1.2 mm Review

Matador NanoDry Shower Towel (Large) Review

Ganaraska Trail Wilderness Section Queen Elizabeth II Wildlands P.P.