I have used these for hiking in all sorts of conditions…

Summary

I have used these for hiking in all sorts of conditions and trails. They are very sturdy. The FlickLocks make them very easy to adjust while hiking.

Pros

• The FlickLocks are super easy to use
  • I have used them where they bend and take lots of pressure. They are still straight and strong.

Cons

• The wrist straps tend to wear out, although Black Diamond has replaced them over the years.
  • It can be hard to adjust the wrist strap length.

I have used these poles for hiking, backpacking, and setting up my backpacking tarp. I have put lots of mileage on these poles in terrain from snow, rocks, sand, pavement, and dirt. The FlickLocks make it so I can change them while moving and not worry about them changing lengths. The lengths are easy to read on each pole section.

I have used them on rough terrain where they have bent and used them to cushion me from a small jump. They are still strong and straight years later.

The rubber tips are a great additional purchase. They are great to safe storage and walking on hard surfaces like pavement to sold rock. Overall these rock and are a great deal for the price.

Welcome to Trailspace, Zoli. Are your poles ones from REI or Black Diamond? (You mentioned BD replacing the wrist straps.)

The REI Men's Carbon Composite Power Lock Trekking Poles is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 16, 2018 at REI.

NRS H2Core Silkweight Hoodie Review