Historic Range: $26.93
Reviewers Paid: $56.00
The REI Hang Time Chair is extremely comfortable and ideally suited to car camping. It is one of those chairs that everyone will be trying to sit in, so lay claim to it early—if it belongs to you.
- Extremely comfortable due to slight reclining position
- Nylon webbing straps create comfortable armrest
- Easy to set up
- Sturdy—should hold up well if used properly
- Strictly for car camping. This chair is not heavy, but the design does not lend to portability other than around camp, or close to your car.
- Have read that backrest supports have failed for some owners, but have not experienced that myself. Just make sure the support tubes are inserted all the way. A larger, heavier person could potentially overstress the design if they lean back to forcefully.
I have covered my impressions of this chair pretty well in the pros and cons list. I don't have much else to add other than the fact that inserting the backrest tubes can take a little bit of effort for someone that is not mechanically inclined. But not a problem for the most part.
The reclining angle of this chair is what causes it to be really comfortable, but for the older crowd, or anyone that may be limited in their mobility, that same feature can make the chair a bit harder to get out of than some other chair designs, such as the REI Kingdom Chair.
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $56