REI Kilimanjaro

The Kilimanjaro has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best 3-season synthetic sleeping bags for 2021.

I love my Kilimanjaro. It is a great bag. I only go camping/hiking in winter and I have depended on this bag for over 8 years now! It has stood the test of time.

It is supposed to be rated to 0 degrees but it did not keep me warm at 0. It kept me alive! It is a long bag and I am not that tall so for me to get warm in it, I need to stuff something at the bottom past my feet which is what I did not do the first time I used it. Ever since then, I have never had a problem.

I do not remember how much it cost but it was a bit pricey at the time. If I could find another one (I have one with the zipper on the left and am looking for one with the zipper on the right), I would definitely purchase it.

The only downside to the bag is it does not compress as well as down bags and weighs more. But I still am a believer. My friend keeps trying to talk me into getting a smaller lighter bag but I will never as long as I have my Kilimanjaro!

Design: mummy