REI Rendezvous Pants

The Rendezvous Pants has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best hiking pants for 2021.

photo: REI Rendezvous Pants hiking pant

Price Historic Range: $29.83-$41.83
Reviewers Paid: $56.00

I bought these a week ago and have already worn them 4 full days. They are the perfect pant - travel or otherwise. I'm 5'10" and the length is perfect (I didn't notice if the tag said 'tall').

I love the way the pockets are inside the pants - creating a very clean, tailored look. The snaps on the waistband and back pockets are so much better than buttons or velcro. I love the little hidden zipper pocket inside the right front pocket. The elastic drawcord at the bottom of the legs is a nice touch - I can let it out for a traditional, straight-leg look, or tighten it up for a more trendy cargo-style look.

The best thing, though, is the added drawstring at the waist. The pants already fit perfectly, but I always find that after wearing freshly dried pants, the waist and rear stretch just enough to need a belt - not so with the drawstring! I got the olive/moss color and am going back for the black.

Review Your Gear to Win Primus Camp Cooking Prize

Primus Firestick Ti Review

Mountain Hardwear Acadia Jacket Review

Lixada Titanium Wood Stove Review

Starting new bike tours soon.

Oboz Bridger Mid Waterproof Review