REI Revelcloud Jacket

Boys'
Price Historic Range: $12.83-$39.73
Girls'
Price Historic Range: $19.83-$38.73

Great lightweight jacket for windy and chilly conditions. Packable and warm.

Pros

• Packable
  • Good price

Cons

• Wish it had pit zips

I was in the market for a puffy type jacket and researched many options. I was leaning towards the Patagonia Nano Puff, but really didn't want to pay the higher price for the Patagonia. I came across the Revelcloud and it seemed to be pretty much the same jacket and was much less expensive.

Since buying the jacket I have used it a lot. It makes a great outer layer over my fleece for cold and windy conditions. I have not used it backpacking yet, but plan to use it for my jacket at camp. Anytime I have used it, it has kept me plenty warm and blocks the wind well.

I have used it in temps in the teens with sub zero wind chills and been plenty warm. I have a wind shell that can go over top of it if I need additional layers but honestly, I haven't been cold enough yet to need that.

It does zip up into its own pocket so it packs up nice and small. I would definitely recommend this jacket as a good alternative to its higher priced counterparts. It has become a staple in my backpack and I will carry it in all four seasons.

Source: bought it used

Thanks for the review, Ilse!

Excellent Primaloft jacket. Layers well with REI's fleece quarter zip. Packs down into its own pocket, water resistant, and 30 mph wind proof.

Pros

• Warmth
  • Water resistance
  • Wind resistance
  • Packability
  • Drawstrings around the waist

Cons

• Zippers sometimes get caught

The product fits great. I got a size larger so I can layer in the colder temps. The jacket has drawstrings around the bottom to tighten in chilly temperatures. Packs down about to the size of a large grapefruit.

Great jacket for being outside and backpacking.

I am an REI employee and do not speak on behalf of REI.

Source: bought via a "pro deal"

Final Days: Review Your Gear to Win Kora Wool Layers