Repel 100 Pump Spray

photo: Repel 100 Pump Spray insect repellent

Price Current Retail: $6.50-$6.99
Historic Range: $3.13-$6.99

Basic upper tier bug repellant that for a low price and handy size, is a must for anyone not wanting to get too many mosquito bites.

Pros

• Small size
  • Alright smell

Cons

• Not as strong as anticipated
  • Container is not leak proof 100%

I bought the Repel 100% Deet, 14 ml size as a backpacking spray while I was out in heavy mosquito territory. Now I usually wear long pants and shirts, but since it was the middle of summer, I hoped that short sleeves would be alright in usage with this repellant. At 100%, its supposed to be as good as it gets right?

To sum it up, it works, but not as well as anticipated. I still got bit, definitely in places I had not sprayed — like under my T-shirt and up my shorts. It works on areas that did get contact, like exposed arms and lower legs I had sprayed.

The product is very easy to use — just spray! But the cap/container are not very sturdy, and did leak a little bit while in my frame.

I have used it once, and with the benefit of a doubt that the zone I was in just had really insistent mosquitoes, I'll use it again. But I'll have to buy a different brand and go back to the same area to test the differences if any between those brands.

FORLOH AllClima 3L Rain Jacket with RECCO Review