Road I.D. has an item, wrist band, that gives basic…

Price Paid: I believe the yearly fee is around $150, but check the website

Summary

Road I.D. has an item, wrist band, that gives basic information on the plate. However, on the back of the plate is a toll free number and an individual password that the EMT can call and have access to any medical/contact information you want to make available. Costs more but much greater information.

Pros

• Wrist band does not absorb sweat
  • Can be cut to length wanted
  • Buckle is very good.

Cons

• Some may feel monthly/yearly maintenance fee high

I have a fairly involved medical history that EMT should be aware of if found in need of assistance and not able to respond. Far too much information to put on the Road ID wrist band or dog tag.

The wearer logs onto Road I.D.'s web page and completes the information that they want made available to medical personnel. In the event of a medical emergency the EMT's call the 800 number provided on the band and enters the access number, also on the band, and receive all medical information provided by the wearer.

I'm a runner and run along rural roads that aren't lighted the best and with my medical history providing this type of information, I feel, is only a good idea.

The monthly/yearly fee to store your information isn't really that much. Anyone in a situation where they may need medical assistance and not be able to respond should have at least the basic Road ID if not the expanded medical ID that I have.

G00SE

I'm curious how EMT would know there is more information on the back of the plate?

Thanks for the info, Robert. FYI for anyone, they call it Road ID Interactive and you can get the service on a variety of their forms of ID's. For these ones, the front text includes "For More Info" instructions for EMT's. http://www.myroadid.com and http://www.roadid.com/Common/Compare.aspx

Robert Wilson

Alicia is correct at the bottom of the top plate is a note to check the back of the id. bob