Rossignol BC 120

Sidecuts Dimensions 120/86/108 mm
Sizes 168, 176, 182
Ski Core LDC
Ski Construction Activ' Cap and Steel Edge

Lightweight, responsive, lots of fun :)

Pros

• Easy to manoeuvre and nice and light for the uphill treks.

Cons

• Might be a little on the light side for busting through crud, lots of scraping on icy groomers.

I’m having a blast with my Rossi BC 120’s. They’re very light and I feel a nimbleness when wearing them. So far I’ve skinned up fireroads and hiking trails and done some time on the ski hill. Flotation in powder has been acceptable. They handle loose snow with ease and are okay on groomers—just a bit twitchy on ice but easily controlled. I’m pretty new to tele so I can’t make much comparison in regards to other skis but I do feel confident free-heeling the BC-120.

I’ve got them set up with Voile Switchback X2 bindings and use three-buckle Garmont boots.

CE1A0157-6268-4118-93EC-3A71DB4FF1B6.jpg

Experience

I’ve skied for most of my life—lots of downhill and increasingly more cross-country and off-piste the last few years.

Price Paid: $500 Canadian

Enjoy the skis, Heath!

300winmag

They look a bit like my old ATOMIC TM 22 Tele skis. I use Voile 3 pin release bindings. I use the optional heel cables B/C I've ground off the pins from my 75v mm bindings. They made it too difficult to get in and out of the bindings. I use G3 skins.

300winmag

Additionally I have skinnier (but fully steel edged) 210 cm. Asnes Combi Combat Norwegianarmy skis. I should have bought 200 cm length for backcountry but in more open rolling terrain they cruise very nicely. They have the same Voile' release bindings as my Atomic TM 22 skis. They use an old Besser style release binding but hey, it works! I'd hate a broken bone in the back country. I do NOT want to test my SPOT beacon!