Looking for a lightweight, flexible AT boot which…

Source: bought via a "pro deal"

Summary

Looking for a lightweight, flexible AT boot which I can fit a wide foot into following some foot surgery. Very accommodating thermal fitting options, including a mold-able outer shell

Pros

• Light weight
  • Good thermal fitting options, includes multiple therm re-fits for changes in foot shape overtime.

Cons

• Cost
  • Pin style only
  • More flexibility than a tele/randonnee style boot.

I had to sit out last year's season here in Colorado due to extended recovery following bone spur removal surgery. Nevertheless, I'm back in the saddle so to speak and am looking to expand into the AT realm. Following doing a fair bit of boot research and getting good advice from a Scarpa rep I spoke with I chose the Scarpa F1 becuse of its variability in the fittment options, and its lightweight materials.

While I understand its a pin-style boot only, I'm amenable with that from a weight perspective. Overall looking forward to many happy runs in these sweet boots!

Experience

A little bit and growing each year. One year in these boots.

Welcome to Trailspace, Alec. I'm on my second pair of Scarpa AT boots, having bought the Gea last year, which I love. I hope you enjoy your own boots and get on some snow soon. Please update us on how they work out this winter.